Summer Art Camp: Clay and Mixed Media
Ancient to Modern (Ages 7 – 9)
July 19 – July 22 (Monday – Thursday )
9 am – 3 pm
Ridley-Tree Education Center
This summer, the Museum is offering six weeks of in-person, outdoor clay and mixed-media camps at the Ridley-Tree Education Center at McCormick House. Teaching Artists and staff will follow all applicable guidance issued by the State and County health offices. Each week will be open to 12 campers grouped by age (ages 5–7, ages 7–9, and ages 10–12); protocols for physical distancing and hand washing; and adherence to any mask-wearing recommendations/requirements for the health and safety of all attendees, staff, SBMA, and their families.
The Clay and Mixed-Media Art Camp will take place in a custom-designed, outdoor classroom on the patio and lawn of the Museum’s Ridley-Tree Center at McCormick House. Children spend their day immersed in hands-on art making and creative problem solving, while being inspired by original works of art from the Museum’s collection and special exhibitions.
9 am: Drop-off
- 9 – 9:30 am: Free choice activities at experiential art centers
- 9:30 – 10:30 am: Introduction to ceramics projects and demonstrations.
Learning rotations on ceramic wheels and clay hand building projects
- 10:30 – 11 am: Snack break and experimental art centers
- 11 am – 12 pm: Ceramics rotations
- 12 – 1 pm: Lunch break at park
- 1 – 1:30 pm: Rest, story time, and experimental art centers
- 1:30 – 3 pm: Mixed-media projects and experimental art centers
- 3 pm: Pick-up
Any questions? Email email@example.com or call 805.884.6457.